Sellers Must Face Facts, About Their Home’s Value: 5 Considerations
After, over a decade, as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I’ve come to realize, many homeowners, end up, being, their own, worst enemies, because, their perception of the value of their house, is, often, considerably different, from what, a potential, qualified buyer, may believe, and thus, be willing to offer! Because of this, I emphasize, to my clients, my core policy, I will always tell you what you need to know, not just what, you want to hear! A wise homeowner, will interview real estate agents, and hire one, who makes a difference, for the better, in terms of achieving the objectives, of obtaining the highest possible, available price, in the shortest period of time, with the least amount, of hassle! With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 considerations, and reasons, sellers are best – served, when they face the facts.
1. Realistic – Price it right, from the start: Don’t be fooled, falsely complimented, or let you ego, be stroked, by someone, who suggests, an overly, optimistic, suggested, listing price. Since, generally, the best offers, arrive, in the first three weeks, after a home is listed, on the market, when/ if, you use a listing price, which is excessive, you will lose a great opportunity! Be realistic, and, price it right, from the start!
2. Using a professionally designed, thorough, accurate, Competitive Market Analysis (CMA): Base the listing price, on a professionally designed, thorough, accurate, Competitive Market Analysis (CMA)! This is the best, and only, accurate way, of determining a quality, listing price! Price the property, correctly, from the start!
3. Know the competition: Remember, your house, has competition, from others, being offered, for sale, in your area! Take a close, realistic look, and know your actual competition, by seeing the other houses, and identifying, how your house, is stronger or weaker. Price accordingly, and, be realistic!
4. Marketing and sales strategy: When interviewing agents, it is wisest to fully discuss, suggested marketing and sales strategies, and, why, they suggest, a particular one, for your best advantage! Every house has certain strengths, and weaknesses, and you need, to use areas of strength, effectively, while effectively addressing, areas of weakness!
5. Negotiate from strength: If you want to get the best results, you should, negotiate from strengths, to your best advantage! This begins with pricing, properly (at the right price – point), and marketing, effectively!
When a homeowner prices his home correctly, understands the process, realizes limitations, etc, and, listens, to the advice of a qualified, real estate agent, he faces, the facts, and uses them, effectively! Will you be a smart home – seller?